Monday, April 21, 2008

A Weeklong Tribute To Soundtracks: This Is What You've All Been Waiting For

So, here it is. My favorite soundtrack. I was given this CD for Christmas one year. It was the first soundtrack I owned on CD (to be truthful, I also received the Dances With Wolves soundtrack that same Christmas, but I opened this one first).

This soundtrack didn't win any awards, but it fits the movie perfectly. The only thing that's bothersome, is that the soundtrack is slightly different from the score in the movie. Track 6, for example, is only about 6 minutes, but in the movie, this same track is about 12 minutes. My favorites from the CD are 4, 3, and 6.

You are all probably begging me to reveal the name of the movie. It stars Daniel Day Lewis, Madeleine Stowe, Russell Means, Eric Schweig, and Wes Studi. Any guesses?

It's The Last Of The Mohicans. Besides the fact that Daniel Day Lewis and Eric Schweig are both super attractive in this movie, there is beautiful scenery, and the music sweeps you away into the 18th century American colonies.

I love listening to soundtracks and telling people what is happening in the movie during each track. For instance, track 4: Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook navigate Duncan, Alice, and Cora to Fort William Henry during a heavy siege by the French. Well, it sounds better in person. Speaking of track 4, here it is.

1 comment:

corinne and paul said...

I LOVE this soundtrack too! it's one of my favorites. And daniel day lewis is super hot in it.