Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Weeklong Tribute To Soundtracks: Bad Wolf

So, the following soundtrack was so close to being my favorite soundtrack of all time. I love all the music on this movie. Once again, Kevin Costner stars in the movie. Maybe he realizes how bad he is and hires fabulous composers to make up for it. This movie, Dances With Wolves, not only won the Academy Award for Best Picture, but it also won for Best Original Score. Impressive, I know. You might now be thinking, "But that was all the way back in 1990. Anything could have won Best Score." All I have to say to you is, "Pssh!"

The first clip is the end theme to the movie. It kind of includes everything. I don't think this video is quite up to snuff, but it was either that or look at the box cover for 8 plus minutes.




The second clip is hauntingly beautiful music. It is the wolf's theme. I love how everyone in movies has their own theme.



After watching this clip, I have no scruple in telling you I don't care for the way Kevin pulls on the reins.

No comments: