Friday, April 18, 2008

A Weeklong Tribute To Soundtracks: Go West Young Man!

The very first cassette tape I owned was the soundtrack for The Man From Snowy River. I remember my mom bought it for me. At that same time she bought the Beaches soundtrack for my sister Marielle. Around this time in my life, my family use to hang out with my cousins a lot. My sisters and my cousins and I liked to run around on our hands and knees like horses (kind of embarrassing, I know). I was just slightly miffed because everyone wanted to put on the Beaches tape and run around to that instead of putting on my tape (which came from an actual horse movie). Oh well.

So, this may sound a lot like the Return to Snowy River soundtrack, but it's completely different. Actually, they were both done by Bruce Rowland. He also did the music for Phar Lap, another horse movie.

There were so many good tracks from this score, it was hard to choose just one. I do have to say that Jessica's Theme, the most popular music from this movie, is not my favorite song from the movie. I just had to get that out there.


No comments: