Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Journey at 44

There are basically 3 songs that "are" Journey (4 songs in some circles). This is one of them. Back in the day of BYU and roommates we would always listen to this song while driving in the car. Of course, since it's Journey, we are singing and dancing along. One line is "Some will win, some will lose. Some were born to sing the blues." The front passenger would always point to the different passengers during that part and I would ALWAYS get the point for "Some will lose." Are they trying to tell me something?

Just for your information: the 3 quintessential Journey songs are Don't Stop Believin', Open Arms, and Faithfully. Some would argue that Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) is the 4th Journey song, and I would agree, but I don't think it's as well known as the other 3.

Steve really likes the shirt he's wearing. I swear I saw videos of him wearing this at two different concerts.


2 comments:

supersonicjan said...

yeah, but LOOK at him... no other shirt could even compare!
you didn't ALWAYS get "some will lose" did you? man, those were the days!

corinne and paul said...

yeah i think you pretty much ALWAYS did get the "some will lose" - i wasn't going to give that line to myself! haha remember chocolate cake from walmart, DP, and always dialing that pizza hut down the street?